Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Happy 1 Week Birthday!

Isabel has been here with us for a week now! She's officially 1 week old. Wow, can't believe we made it through 1 week already. It seems like such a blur! Being at home with the baby and my husband has been both trying (baby) and rewarding (baby and husband). I know that the 1st month is always the hardest (I hear ya Catherine) but I can tell why women would choose to stay at home (happy Jessica & Catherine). I can definetely see myself being at home. The best part is right now that Ben is here with me. I am going to get super emotional right now when I talk about him because you never know what love is until you really need someone to support you. During my delivery and hospital stay I have come to realize how much I love and adore my husband. You never truly appreciate someone until an event like HAVING A BABY brings you to vulnerability that is speechless to describe. Everytime I see Ben now, I am completely overwhelmed with emotion. Maybe you all say it's the hormones but somehow the feelings are there and I don't care how it got there. It's worth it.

Here is my darling being a little gangsta... She loves her free hospital hat. I think it's in every picture... We're going to have to change that...

She's yawning...now I wish she would do that more often in the middle of the night. Somehow she knows that between midnight at 2 am is the best time to wake up and party like a rock star. I could be an open buffet and still she's not ready to count those sheep...

Proud papa and his little one. My camera is getting plenty of use these days! It's amazing how many diapers Ben has changed. I haven't changed as many as he has... not even close! He's really hands on with Isabel and I love it! He is totally the SUPER DAD type. He's not afraid of anything and as much as Isabel tries to attack him with her projectile poop, he's been able to avoid it. I think she has to go through at least 20 diapers a day... Hmmm... I started out with a box of 96...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my baby niece...shes the most precious thing ever! And of course the cutest baby on the planet, I want to see people try to top this one!

I miss you Isabel! Ill see you this weekend.

Love,
Your Auntie Cindy!

Sora said...

Congratulations Debbie & Ben! I'm so happy for you. Isabel is so cute. Deb, I can't believe you're a mom! Thanks for sharing your pictures and your memories!

~Sora

Cynthia said...

hey she's got some great genes from the parents that's for sure!