Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Almost Complete!

I'm so excited that the baby room is almost done! The major items and baby necessities are all purchased and ready but the decorative items for the walls are still missing. I'm waiting till after she's here to finish the walls and photos. Her room looks amazing! All the colors came together really well and even though the white on the furniture varies from piece to piece, I still think it looks great. Nothing like saving a little money here and there.

I love her dresser! This was the piece that Ben and I repainted from a dresser that we had from our old bedroom set. The bookcase came from my parents house in Morgan Hill and it's really really old! Hey, it beats spending another $80 or so for a new bookcase! I got a set of 3 wicker baskets from Babies R Us and filled them with her diaper changing stuff. I'm starting her book collection too... I can't believe how expensive children's books are these days. My mom donated all of mine which is sooo sad! They're probably worth a ton right now.

Her baby papasan chair is assembled and ready to go. Now we have to put together her papasan swing....

Her crib set is soooo gorgeous! I am totally in love with it. However, I was so disappointed when I found out at a recent baby class that the medical society is discouraging parents from using bumpers in the crib in fear of SIDS. I had never heard of that issue until we took this baby class. I'm going to check with our pediatrician but when she starts using her crib I'm going to have to remove that beautiful bumper! Well till then, I can still leave it in there and admire it. It's such a bad news because if I had known that, I wouldn't have spent all that $$$ on that set! I'm sure there were bedding in the same color palette I could have chosen from knowing this info! Oh well it's still awesome for me to look at.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the room! It looks beautiful. And children's books. totally go for EBay! There's plenty of children's books. I bought a lot of books and threw away the used ones but still came out to be like under $1/book.

Debbie said...

Thanks! I just bought some books online from Ebay and they haven't arrived yet. Hopefully they're still in great shape. I'm looking to get the Dr. Seuss collection off of Ebay one of these days!