This weekend was supposed to be full of errands to run and things to do. I was planning on taking Izzy to her first Gymboree class today at Oakridge Mall but the little one got sick on Friday evening and unfortunately continues to be sick. It started off with 100.00 and then fluctuated between 100 and 105.00. Ben and I normally don't panic and we've read enough books and website articles to feel confident enough to have her stay home and tough it out. I think that if her fever had gone even higher than 105.00 we would have gone straight to the emergency room. It sounds so scary when she gets a fever that high but for some reason, doctors don't panic and there really isn't anything to do about it except take some Tylenol or Motrin.
The sick little girl just finished lunch and is smushing her daddy's face under a pillow. She loves to grab your face and squeeze. It was also hot today too which was perfect to bring out her cute tank dresses and summer clothes. It's actually the first hot day that we've had all year (I think).
Here is Izzy totally passed out on the couch with her ducky. Uncle Tony got her this yellow duck from Pottery Barn Kids that quacks three songs. She LOVES this stuffed animal. She has lots but this one makes her laugh like crazy. It's a totally ingenious toy from Pottery Barn. My poor girl! She's still sick!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Aww poor thing! Lexy is sick too (just a runny nose...ok pouring nose, but no fever thank goodness!) I'm freaking out that Isabel's fever was up to 105!! but she looks so happy in all the pictures and so cute passed out on the couch w/her duck~! :)
Awww poor baby! you know the doc told us that if the baby is under 1 and they get a fever over 102, should bring them to the doctors. 105 sounds very scary.
Yea we thought 105 was scary too but you know, we used like 3 differenty types of thermometers and it gave us all kinds of readings. But the doctor said that she was fine and that we did the right thing. Not to panic. I guess we're un-panicky people.
Post a Comment