Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hooray for Asian Culture!

Ben found this brand new show on Nick Jr called "Ni Hao, Kai-lan" (translation, "Hello, Kai-lan"). It's about a little Chinese girl named Kai-lan and all her little friends. It's an interactive show that's aimed towards 2-5 year olds and is similar to Dora but Kai-lan teaches Chinese! I was very happily suprised to see that Asian culture has hit the mainstream, especially on a children's network. I am really excited that this is availabe and I hope it doesn't get canceled. I am not a Dora fan and thanks to my nephew who made me watch hours of Dora, I really like how Kai-lan teaches certain topics to young children. I'm a huge fan of anything that helps cultivate Chinese culture and I'm so happy this show exists. The DVD isn't available yet but I'm hoping it will come out some time soon! Izzy watches this and she seems to like it. Anytime I speak Mandarin to her she cracks up. Well, this is a good show for both her and Ben to watch, they can learn together!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: