I have been very fortunate to have my sister move in with me and have her be my live in nanny. Cindy has been such an asset and also such a good care giver for Isabel. She's spoiling me and it's going to be incredibly hard when she finds a job and moves to the city. I'm in the middle of bribing her to stay as long as she can by buying her food and paying her.
One of the many perks of having Aunt Cindy as a nanny is all the wonderful pictures that she takes everyday. Isabel's motor skills have been improving day to day. Now when's she's in her jumper, she's beginning to play with her toys. Here she is in an outfit from her great grandmother who lives in Taiwan.
Isabel just started fruits this week and she seems to like her vegetables more. Her first fruit was bananas and it seemed to be too tart for her. Anyhow, it's hilarious to see her reaction to a new food.
My beautiful girl!
Ben and I have this incredibly huge dilemma: We want to buy a house right now because the market is great for buyers... the bad part is that my job is in south San Jose, I can't afford the homes I want in south San Jose so we have to look in Pleasanton and Dublin. But moving there would eliminate daycare for Isabel which was provided by my family. So what to do? I want to be a stay at home mom if we move to Pleasanton or Dublin BUT I don't want to push the envelope as far as finances goes... If I switch jobs then I need one that either has daycare and if not, I have to pay for outside daycare... So what to do??? I have no idea. It's a never ending circle. I wish I knew what to do!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
What you do is buy the house and either not work for a year until she goes to preschool which some places start like around 2.5 or find a job and pay for a Nanny. 24Hour Fitness is in San Ramon, you should see if they have any openings or go back to Mervyns if you move to Dublin.
We're hoping to see Pleasanton and Dublin this weekend. I am ok with going back to Mervyn's. I heard that they have flex time now. I hope that's not just a rumor. I'd love to not work but I think I'll do that with kid #2. Right now, I want to find the perfect house...until then, we're going to have to see. Money is needed for everything!
I love the pictures of Auntie Cindy with Isabel!! So great to have her help out huh?? LUCKY! :) ...although...be careful because your sis is a little on the wild side... hehehe
Anyway, you totally have to move closer to me..so Dublin is my vote and you can totally go back to the merv...i will ask missy about the flex time and if they are still doing it...
miss you!!!! give Isabel a big hug from her BFF Lexy! :)
My vote is for Dublin or San Ramon. Too many old ppl in Pleasanton.
Post a Comment