So two weeks ago exactly I went back to work. Work itself isn't that hard to get back into the groove of but I believe it's dealing with the people part that's tougher. Ever since we have had Isabel, Ben and I have become insanely impatient, meaning: we have less time for people's bullsh*t. Whether it's from each other, family, friends, coworkers, or strangers, we have no time in our lives to deal with stupid things. There are way way more important things in our lives to deal with now. Time is precious! Just having the last 6 months with Isabel go by in a blink of an eye was a big wake up call.
This brings me to this past Friday, just before the weekend. Let me just say that you do not ever ever want to be on the receiving end of the conversation I had with my "fill in the blank" (whom I'm going to call "SC" for short = stupid cow, the nicest two words that I can use, trust me I have used worse. During my pregnancy & before I had left on maternity leave, I put up with a lot of "stuff" because frankly, I did not need the added stress. Being pregnant and stressed out was the last thing I needed. So being the good natured little buyer that I am, I did practically everything she asked meaning a lot of her job too. Yes, yes... Under normal conditions (not pregnant) I would not have been so kind and agreeable, hence the LAST 2 WEEKS I've been back. SC is hypocritical, moody, selfish, and (more negative adjectives) person I've ever met, well at least one of the top ones for sure. I finally had to tell her exactly what was on my mind. So yes, you can imagine how that an hour long conversation went. I wish I recorded it, I was so proud of myself. Anyhow, just to give an idea of what she's like, here is a SC quote from that conversation: "Didn't your mother ever teach you that whispering is rude?" SC is very intolerant of people whispering around her because she is VERY insecure about herself. So insecure that she went to HR to tell them that I (and our other associates) were whispering in the office. So you see how her priorities are a little "mixed up". Anyhow, I believe I handled it beautifully and went to HR myself to tell them how unprofessional she was having to bring my mother into the conversation and workplace. Lovely lovely situation that I have here. So okay... As much as I believe I can make her life miserable too, I would LOVE to leave the company now. I can't take the stress of acting like her friend when I can't stand being anywhere near her.
People: I need a new job. Any insight/ideas?????
DISCLAIMER: For those who had previously read a "different" version of this entry, thanks for doing so! I had to edit this entry because you never know who will be reading this even though this blog is meant for only family and friends. People spy a lot these days so beware! Now of all things, isn't THAT RUDE?!!!!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Too bad there is a buyer position open for MW but its in Ghetto Richmond way too far for you. But I'll keep an eye out for you!
O yeah I LOVED Dublin. Its nice, not over crowded with Asians. Best of all Houses are bigger and much more affordable and yards are definately bigger. However San Ramon is definatly better. If you can afford San Ramon since you guys do have equity to work w/. I would choose that over Dublin. J didn't like dublin because there were wire posts near the houses. Not that they were big but he just didn't like the wires so No Dublin he said. Yeah its pretty much driving me CRAZY!!!
poor chica! It's hard enough coming back to work after staying home w/your baby for so long...and then to have to come back and add stress of a SC on top of it is just wrong! I'm sad for you...hopefully it will get better or you will find something better!...I'll let you know if I hear of anything else..don't know why that lady hasn't contacted you yet...(they are kind slow in response times at VF though).
Y not look in Fremont then? Ardenwood would be the same as good areas in Dublin and schools are 2nd highest next to Mission San Jose. I think San Ramon is worth it if you get something next to 680. Drive is not too bad but then it depends if your parents are helping w/ baby sitting know what I mean?
oh no, poor debbie. ugh that sucks. and i totally know what you mean about not having any patience once you have a kid. i'll keep an eye out for you!
Post a Comment