Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First Boo Boo!

This afternoon while Ben and I were taking Carlo (Ben's older brother) to the airport, Isabel decided that she could get out of her swing all by herself. Unfortunately, being 1 foot off the ground and lacking most of her hand and eye coordination at 4 months, she fell flat on her face. We weren't there to witness the fall but Ben's parents were. I definitely think the grandparents were more traumatized then we were. I have heard of a lot of stories from other parents but I didn't think ours was going to come but it did. So now, yes, we understand why there are safety belts on those swings! She is actually outgrowing her swing too so I think she was trying to tell us something. She's a big girl and she can get out herself! So today was her first OOOPs! I think she's fine and she didn't cry very much so I'm sure everything is ok. So if all you parents can give me some reassurance please do!

Jessica: I remember your story about Lexy falling out of her swing... Now I know what you're talking about!

Updates on Isabel: For the past two months, Isabel has been sleeping through the night. Her last feeding is at 9:30pm and she sleeps till 7 or 8am in the morning. Occasionally she'll wake up during the night but I just rock her back to sleep. Depending on the consistency of her feeding schedules, she's usually asleep by 10pm. Oh what a difference than when she first came home! The funny thing now is that Ben and I totally think that we've got it down and with our 2nd (when that time comes) I think we won't be amateurs anymore! Isabel can hold her head up really well and is great in her bouncer. She can also laugh, giggle and babble. She responds to conversations and talks a TON. This was her first plane ride and on the way here to Pittsburgh she was really good. She pretty much slept the entire time. Now for the way back...I'm a little more concerned since it won't be a red eye flight. She is curious about everything and can track images and people. She especially loves TV (I know, I know...) and movies like Die Hard (yes, I know!). Oh and she hates to lie down, she constantly needs to be held like she's walking or doing push ups so she's sitting. I've ordered that Bebepod so I hope she'll like that. Wheeew! Lot's of updates but she's a growing girl!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Don't worry, accidents will continue to happen. Luki fell off the bed couple of times. :)

About the Bebe Pod. There was a recall only LY. I bought 1 for Nate when he was 6 months & returned it because his fat legs got stuck in there & I swear he was going to tip over. Then it took both me & J to get him out. Not a pretty sight. Just read up on it first & decide. Apparently babies tip over in that thing and fall flat on their faces.