Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Sunday, January 20, 2008

First Solid Food!

Another milestone for Miss Isabel! Today she tried her first solid vegetable - carrots! We actually tried to give her rice cereal last week but she didn't really think too much of it. So today when we tried carrots, she really really liked it! I'm sure that the carrots had more taste than the rice cereal which doesn't really taste like anything. I tried the carrots and they were pretty good for something that has absolutely nothing bad in it. We're eating Earth's Best brand and so far it seems to be ok. We're giving her a couple days of carrots and then we're going on to sweet potatoes...then peas!

It's extremely messy! The next few times during the day were better. She ate a whole jar! I think these experiences are more for us than it is for her. We get totally excited over first foods and even when I buy her new toys, I can't wait for her to try it. I just want to see the look she has! I know it sounds absolutely insane but I am going to be really sad when she passes these milestones and grows up. I am really going to miss her baby times and will want another one real soon!

We know that the tv is going to be a bit of a problem for Isabel since we both absolutely adore it. I am not going to be very good at not letting her watch it. So far, she's watched everything we have watched but we're trying to get her to like her own baby appropriate shows. Die Hard is not for babies! Comcast has a bunch of free shows On Demand which she likes. To Ben's delight, she enjoys hockey too.

On another note, she's growing! At her 4 month check up she was 25" long and 15.5 lbs. She is in the 75th percentile of babies her age. I've already had to pack A LOT of her newborn clothes and some she didn't even get a chance to wear. An outfit was lucky if she had it on even twice! Note to self next time around, newborns don't need a lot of clothes! Thank god her clothes are tiny and they don't even fill up one box.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow its amazing how much she's changing. She actually looks more & more like Ben!!

Cynthia said...

I thought you wanted to move to more South?

http://www.movoto.com/real-estate/homes-for-sale/CA/Dublin/5098-Piper-Glen-TER-12_40317456.htm

Maybe you should look at this one. Its on Auction for 400k starting bid!

catherine said...

ok, i admit, in that top pic, she really looks like ben. :)

catherine said...

oh and wow! that's early for jar foods. you're lucky if she is taking it. on the rice cereal, thomas liked it better the 3rd time i put it in his mouth. maybe she just needs to aquire a taste for it??