
Yes, I was out of my mind. Before I had Isabel I was a sane human being only splurging on items with the letters L & V on them but after being a victim of stroller envy I had to find a cure. It was ridiculous to think that after all I've accomplished with having a baby that I would let myself feel so sad about a stroller (of all things). Actually it wasn't even this stroller! I had wanted a Peg Perego pretty badly but after a lot of research and store test drives I realized that the Peg Perego was ill constructed and just a ton of hype. I didn't even watch the Nanny Diaries so I had no clue that the brand was featured in that movie. I was really disappointed that the Peg Perego Plika was made so poorly. It was wobbly and unstable, really poor materials too. Oh well, it did look nice in pictures though.
Which brings me to the above... I had decided that to cure my "sickness" (and yes, after all this my wallet is very ill) I needed to head straight to the top, that way there would be no questioning anything in between. I took Ben and showed him the 3 models Bugaboo had and he actually chose the Cameleon anyway, well, I guess he only knows the best! The new Bee was ridiculous, the sales woman couldn't even work it and it looked sooo complicated for something that was intended to have the ease of an umbrella stroller. The Frog was great EXCEPT if you're short! The handle bars don't even adjust and for the amount of $$$ you're dishing out, isn't that expected to show up? I didn't realize how much I liked the stroller until I was playing with it. It's a really beautiful item. See, this is what I mean, this time last year I would NEVER had fallen in love with a stroller nevertheless chose it over a Marc Jacobs handbag. Oh Isabel, what did you do to me?



4 comments:
Wow i am speechless. You gave up HANDBAGS????? what's next your shoe collection? :P
oh my gosh debbie you are so crazy. but then i wouldn't expect anything less from a gal with a kate spade diaper bag. i was kind of surprised at your baby shower to see a normal "cheapo" stroller on the registry.... :)
new reader here! =)
so when do her breakdancing lessons begin . . . before, or after the dj lessons?
-adam
I was in Nordstrom today perusing their handbag section and I saw that they had a huge sale of Chloe bags... Trust me, I almost cried!
Post a Comment