Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Friday, October 12, 2007

I Can Finally Be Opinionated!

Not that I wasn't before... But this time I can say that I've been trying out different baby products and can say whether they have worked for us or not. So we tried out the Avent bottles first and I had bought a whole bunch beforehand and realized that they were a little slow for Isabel. It would take her awhile to finish a bottle. She had already started to have really bad gas/constipation and we weren't sure if it was due to breastmilk, formula, or the bottles. So we tried to switch it up. I read about Dr. Brown's and after using them for a week or so, I absolutely love them. They help Isabel eat and burp consistently. She seems to be pretty content after each meal too.

We also tested out several brands of formula too and right now we are using the Enfamil Lacto Free since I believe Isabel has issues with milk. I have always had issues with milk so I think it passed to her. We had tried Nestle Good Start, Enfamil Soy, and Similac but I think they were all giving her too much gas and spit up. We've noticed that she has had less spit up and gas with the Enfamil Lacto Free. But overall I am still undecided about all the types of formula so I still want to try some others out.

Isabel started out with Pampers Swaddlers in Newborn and they worked out pretty well. She's grown big enough to wear the Kirkland brand which has worked out fine too so far. We have yet (fingers crossed) to have any leakage outside the diaper so I hope that continues!

So the big thing is that I've noticed a lot of products that we've bought or received as gifts have either been great or slightly disappointing. It's funny how the baby industry really thinks you need all this STUFF but in reality we probably didn't need half the stuff we have. Got to keep that in mind the next time I have a friend who's going to be a new parent.

1 comment:

catherine said...

i completely agree with you on baby registry items! i remember returning a lot of stuff we got as well. now when i buy baby gifts, it is only stuff i used regularly with thomas. and i still haven't found a better diaper (quality & price) than the kirkland either :)
good luck with her lactose/gasiness. hope she grows out of it as fast as possible!