Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Life in Prison

My sentence was delivered at 10am in the morning today. The last few weeks, like every company out there, OSH has been going through lay offs. This week, lay offs hit very close to home. My division announced their final re-organizational structure and some people had to be let go which was very suprising. Just in the last week, our senior vice president stood up in front of us and said that we would be fine and there would be no one leaving. I mean, today, I saw evil corporate leadership at work. Where did business ethics go? Anyhow, I had gone to work this morning ready to face my fate in being laid off. I was actually very happy. I would take it as a sign to be home and spend more time with Isabel. I didn't think it was the end of the world. At 10am my senior vp called me and he and my boss told me that they were promoting me! You would think I would be happy right? Except that I got a pathetic raise and more work, I would still be working for my boss, the most horrible person I have ever met. Honestly, if Hitler didn't have that gay thing going on, she would be his match. If she were not racist then she would be equally matched with Kim Jong-il. This is a woman who has serious mental and emotional issues. You know those Law and Order Special Victims episodes that you watch with and wonder where all these emotional issues come from in those psychopaths and rapists??? Yea, well they stem from middle class Caucasian America. I literally wanted to die in my chair as they were telling me this. I would have a lead buyer role but it felt like as if someone stabbed you but you didn't die, instead you were paralyzed. All the times I've gone to HR and senior leadership in the past two years have utterly failed. To have my boss watch me squirm as she sits on her high horse makes me sick to my stomach. I don't think I have ever felt so low. This economy seriously needs to get better soon, I need out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I have been in your shoes - working under a horrible horrible boss. I completely understand your feelings! I'll be thinking of you.

Debbie said...

My friend Rory made a comment about my reference to "middle class Caucasian America". This is meant for my boss and those like her who travel overseas to countries like China and then talk about how poor and disgusting it is over there. It's meant for the ones that despise other ethnic groups even though she depends on them to make her everyday products. Not everything in the world is made of meat and potatoes.

Cynthia said...

wow you are in prision. It's like they purposely wanted to see you suffer under her. I am sorry Debbie but maybe now you shouldn't work so hard because obviously that's not paying off. Aim to get laid off next round!