People have been asking me recently if I care for this baby to be or a girl. Of course the normal answer is as long as the baby is healthy we don't care about the sex. That is always the truth except that the more I think about it, the more I want this baby to be a girl. But if in the end, fate plays a joke on me and I do have a boy, trust me, I will do whatever it takes in my power to not let him grow up useless! He will have to be just as responsible as his sister and pull his weight! My little brother is a senior in high school and still can't do his own laundry! My sister and I have been doing our own laundry and taking care of ourselves ever since we could remember. I can't honestly remember the last time my mom even touched my laundry!
The other day I was trying to rest and as I was lying in bed, I tried to remember to a time when Ben and I had no major responsibilies. I tried to think back to when we were back in college and had our own apartment, no pets and no chilren. Just the two of us. No worries, nothing. They were such blissful times! We would walk around Shadyside and get coffee at Starbucks and watch the snow fall. There were so many cozy moments. Did I ever wonder what married/family life would be like? I don't think so... I was never the girl that dreamt of having kids and a family. Not that I didn't want it but I didn't think I ever thought that far ahead. Fast forward to present day and things are so much more complicated. I love Isabel and Ozzie but I don't love the drama. I want things to be simple. It sounded so simple when my doctor told me to take 2 weeks off for rest. It has not been restful at all. I don't think she remembered that the holidays were around the corner and on top of that, add a toddler and family members, it would just be wishful thinking.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment