Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Sunday, June 8, 2008

P-Touch This

I've been wanting a label maker for awhile now and I finally got one on Friday. It's the coolest thing! Since Izzy is starting daycare next week, I've been going nuts labeling everything that she's bringing. On Saturday, I spent the afternoon organizing her room and putting her small clothes away, labeling every box of course! The P-touch is a dream machine.

A weight has been lifted off my shoulders and surprisingly, I'm really happy about it. We had been looking for homes in Pleasanton for awhile but a few weeks ago, after going to a few open houses, I decided that we should stay in San Jose for a bit longer. We both like the location of where we live now and it's convenient to everything: HP Pavilion, SJ Airport, and of course Valley Fair. Also, I like having access to all the restaurants and Asian plazas. Most of all, we wanted to feel financially free and not having to be tied down to a huge mortgage. I want to maintain our current lifestyle without giving up luxuries such as traveling and high end jeans! Moving to Pleasanton would force us into a position where being a stay at home mom would be out of the question. Since Izzy still has 4 years to go before we decide on school, we thought that we should take a breath and slow down. Being near my parents is a total plus and although Pleasanton would be only an hour away, being able to have my mom take Izzy at any time is such an advantage. I love the Pleasanton area and what it has to offer and that will always be a place we will consider but right now, I couldn't justify moving to a smaller home at a much higher price tag. Plus, at our current rate, private schools are still an option. I just feel so much better now that there is a plan in place!

No comments: