Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Good Times!

Thank you to everyone who came out on Saturday for our baby shower! It was so much fun and so great to see friends again. It was an afternoon filled with food and laughs! Can you guess that it was supposed to be a Hawaiian theme?


What luau themed party wouldn't be complete without a roast pig? This was a small pig too! I could only imagine what the regular size piggy would have looked like. It's the year of the Golden Pig! This pig took up half the banquet table.


Ben participated in the "guess what flavor baby food" game and I don't think he liked what he ate...food ranged from squash to lasagna. Gross! The winner of the game was Catherine which of course is NO suprise, she's a MOMMY!!!

Second event of the day, the "sippy cup chugging while you're spinning" game. It was hilarious! The sippy cups were filled with apple juice. The winner was Andy! Hmmm....that tells you something... where did he get the sippy skills???

My mom and dad playing the "guess what the baby ate" game. I can't believe how involved our parents were on guessing the excrements in those diapers! Sora won that round and funny thing, she's as thin as a stick and who knew she had all that chocolate knowledge?? By the way, she's a pharmacist and I guess maybe her expertise in chemical compounds helped her out. I still think she's a secret chocolate addict.

The players in the final game of the day, "dress to impress." Teams of two, a guy (the model) and the gal (the stylist), had to dress to impress for a babysitting interview with Ben and I. Of course the men had to strut their stuff down the catwalk too, showing off their trendy designs. Andy won again with the help of Nicole's creativity. Funny, his baby was the only one that was secure AND he had on pants! The guys had guts for sure!

Sora and Steve with their plastic baby!

Tito and his band of triplets!

All the gals from Mervs! From the left, Alicia, Kate, me, Jessica, Leona, Christine, Cynthia (with Nati), and Catherine. What a fantastic group of ladies and life isn't the same anymore now that I don't see them everyday. I miss them all terribly!

My incredible little sister Cindy who helped make this day possible. If anyone needs help in party planning or painting a room, drop her a line!!!! Thanks for all the gifts we received and our little girl will definetely be the best dressed! She's not even here yet and her closet is amazing!




No comments: