Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Work and Babies...

I am still contemplating on the "returning to work" dilemma. I have more and more reason to feel that my current job would be way too stressful for me to do both. One thing I have found that I do quite frequently, like "daily" is that I dream and think about work constantly. When I was at Mervyn's I never felt like that. The stress that came from Meryn's was purely commute related. So now that I don't have the commute stress, regular work stress replaces it. I used to have such a specific job function that it was easy for me to do but now, being a buyer at a relatively small company, the job duties are so scattered. There is no organization whats so ever. In the last 3 companies I've worked for, I've had really great bosses who never questioned my work ethic. But now I am in a situation where it's new to me where someone questions my reason for even taking a personal day. It's actually very interesting...not in a good way. I've been a manager before and I've always treated my associates with respect, especially with their personal lives because I know that if they are satisfied with their personal lives, they perform much better at work because that stress is taken away. So I am confused with my current boss's management style. How sad. Anyhow, if I have such a difficult time asking for personal day, imagine having to leave work for my child? That's going to be extremely fun...(sarcasm!).

No comments: