Today I had my 20 week check up. One of the wierdest questions that I asked my doctor today was how to convert pregnancy weeks into pregnany months. I mean you would think that it was a simple task but 9 months does not really equal 40 weeks to most people. In the end she told me to basically divide out the weeks by 9 so I guess we can roughly say that each pregnany month has 4.44 weeks... Both me and our nameless little girl are healthy. I actually have been feeling pretty good except for this annoying congestion! I already have allergies AND to have pregnancy congestion on top of that, why don't I just stop breathing all together?! It's been hard to sleep at night, I hate dry mouth! I always have that disgusting fear of a spider finding it's way in there....eewwww gross! In 2 weeks I have another ultrasound schedueled so I guess I can be doubly sure that our little girl IS a little girl.
Names! Ben and I have been stumped on naming this little one. We thought we had it down pretty good but then we started to doubt and explore other names. I mean, which name sounds like it a good fit with ours? Nothing too drab but nothing too trendy. Ben has been keeping a running list in his office where we post names we both like, trust me, the list is 3 names long! Well 4 more months to figure this out!
I have been debating on whether or not I will return to work after the baby is born. Frankly, I have been leaning on not going back. I have had discussions with Ben, my mom, and my friends. I have always thought that at least one parent should be there for the child when she's growing up. I mean why do both parents have to miss out on her childhood? There will always be work waiting but the time that passes for a little girl can never be reclaimed. So I have to think about what I feel is valuable. I do want to be home and be with my little girl. I want to be there for every little thing that happens. I think that Ben and I are completely successful when we decide something and go for it. On that thought...it's our 3 year wedding anniversary tomorrow!
Monday, May 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment