Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Last Friday...A Funny Feeling

Friday, January 19th, 2006: I woke up at 4:30am with a strange feeling. I wasn't sure what it was exactly but I couldn't sleep. I think actually Ben couldn't sleep either but he didn't know why either. We ended up going back to bed and getting up at our normal time for work around 6:30am. While we had breakfast I mentioned to Ben that I wanted to take a pregnancy test just to see what it would say. I was 5 days late so I figured why not right? Ben said that we should wait another few weeks because the last time I thought I was late, the test was negative. So anyhow, on the way to work I stopped by the drug store to pick up a test. For some reason I had to take it so I took the test in the bathroom at work. It was 8 am! The test took no time at all to come back positive. I thought I was reading the instructions wrong and went to my car to reread the instructions again. No...I didn't misread them. So I called Ben and told him that he was going to be expecting a little friend in 9 months. I think Ben's reaction was absolute disbelief and he didn't think it was correct. So I told him that I would take another test during lunch from another brand just to see. So later on that day, I bought another brand, which was a more expensive test and took that one. Easy enough, it came back with "PREGNANT" in less than a minute. I tried to call Ben again but I couldn't get through to him which drove me crazy. I called my doctor and told her which of course she said that I needed to see her in a few weeks when I was 8 weeks pregant, I was already 5 weeks pregnant! Oh my god...the shock. So I asked her persistently if the tests were accurate, I did take 2 and she said they were very very accurate. I think the rest of the day was a total daze... The next morning on Saturday, just to be sure that Friday wasn't a dream, I took a 3rd test! Ok...it came back positive again. There was no way that three tests could have came back with false positives. Now I am resolved to believing that I was pregnant and we were going to be having a baby around the 24th of September! This is insane!!! Over the last few days, I have been at peace. I am totally excited and ready. I never thought that I could have this feeling but I am. I surprise myself! The next 8 months will be all about the baby and his/her things! I can finally go through that Pottery Barn catalogue with a reason!

No comments: