So it's no surprise to anyone how much I HATE my boss. I think that I say it almost 20 times a day to everyone I meet including random strangers. I have always felt that to keep the balance in our lives we should be able to really despise one person because no one on earth can possible like everyone.
Before I continue, I would like to explain that I am looking for solutions:
1) Actively looking for a new job.
2) Asked for a transfer and was first told yes, then NO.
3) Tried to really SUCK at my job but in my years in retail, you have to really really do something bad to get fired such as KILL someone, there are some seriously stupid people in retail.
4) Have kept a log of every horrible thing my boss has said and done to me (which I later found out doesn't matter because others have tried it)
Which brings me to where I am at now: Recently had been approached with a high possibility of becoming a teacher at a private school. I've always wanted to teach and had a taste of it during college. It was tremendously hard but I really enjoyed it. That was ten years ago. Anyhow, the opportunity came and I find myself at a crossroads. As with all teaching jobs, the pay is extremely low, so low you can't even imagine. I think kids at In and Out Burger will end up making more than me. On the other hand, there is no other job that allows someone to end up with almost 4 months of down time and with Isabel, there's nothing I'd rather do than hang out with her at home. Well almost. In this day in age (especially in California), I feel that with these decisions, money has become the decision maker 99% of the time. You lose all sense of confidence. Will I be comfortable knowing that I make less money than a person who never even graduated high school? The other angle which I find even more daunting is, will my family and friends accept that I will have taken a huge step backwards from all that I've achieved the last ten years? I feel that the second is a scarier thought. There are those who will say that they are "supportive" but I truly feel they are scared shitless of my decision. Then there are those who want me to do it but are secretly loving the fact that I've taken a "different" option. Oh yes... we all have people like that in our lives....
So this is truly a dilemma. Unfortunately, I think money will win out in the end. Even the most supportive people in my life are hesitant to help me make this decision. The sad part is, I know my absolute hatred of my boss is driving me to really dislike everything around me. It's becoming a poison that practically consumes my every being. Am I willing to let that take over? I don't think there is a happy ending to this problem.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I meant to add my last comment to this post. Oops. Sorry!!!
how about trying for a private tutor? I heard its better than a teacher at least. you can paid quite well by the hour.
even if you take a pay cut it would be temporary and happiness is so much more important after you have a baby. I am sure something better will open up in a year.
Post a Comment